Browsing older objects in the QCG

Dear experts,

I have a questions concerning the QCG.

Is it possible to somehow browse older objects in the QCG? E.g. have a histogram with the p-distribution saved for multiple runs and be able to browse through all runs in the QCG. If not: Can this browsing be implemented?

I think @bvonhall and @graduta are to ping here.

Thanks for your help!
Cheers,
Thomas

Hi @tklemenz,

Thank you for your suggestion! This is something that we discussed among ourselves as well and thought about implementing.

Currently there is a JIRA Ticket opened regarding this feature (https://alice.its.cern.ch/jira/browse/OGUI-330) but it was de-prioritized in favour of other requests. As you consider it to be useful we will reopen the discussion and look at ways of implementing it.

Have a nice day,
George

Hi @graduta,
very good, thank you for the information.

It would then also be important to have a feature to set something like a validity range for the objects in order to link them to the corresponding data they originate from. E.g. a data run is taken from a given start time to a given end time and the QC is ran a week later. Then it should be possible to link the QC output to the data run by setting its validity range from start to end time of the run.

Cheers,
Thomas

HI @bvonhall,

Do you think Thomas’s suggestion is currently possible with what we store in CCDB?

Thank you

Hi,

It is definitely possible but we have to change a few things in the framework. I presume that it is more or less what is described in this issue. I have increased its priority.

Cheers,
Barth