Task and Post-processor with same name in config file

Is it allowed to have a task and a post-processor that have the same name in the QC configuration, such that they publish plots in the same folder?
Of course I am making sure that the task and post-processor are not publishing objects with the same names.

I have tested something like this on a local CCDB instance and it seemed to work properly, but I would like to double-check that I did not overlook something:

"tasks": {
      "MCHDigits": {
        "active": "true",
        "className": "o2::quality_control_modules::muonchambers::PhysicsTaskDigits",
        "moduleName": "QcMuonChambers",
        "detectorName": "MCH",
        "location": "remote"
      }
    },
    "postprocessing": {
      "MCHDigits": {
        "active": "true",
        "className": "o2::quality_control_modules::muonchambers::PostProcessingDigits",
        "moduleName": "QcMuonChambers",
        "detectorName": "MCH",
        "dataSources": [
          {
            "class": "rate",
            "type": "repository",
            "path": "MCH/MO/MCHDigits",
            "name": "Occupancy_Elec",
            "reductorName": "o2::quality_control_modules::muonchambers::TH2ElecMapReductor",
            "moduleName": "QcMuonChambers"
          }
        ],
        "initTrigger": [
          "userorcontrol"
        ],
        "updateTrigger": [
          "newobject:qcdb:MCH/MO/MCHDigits/Occupancy_Elec"
        ],
        "stopTrigger": [
          "userorcontrol"
        ]
      }
    }

Thanks!

Hi,

I would not dare doing so.
One of the reasons is that sometimes we use jq to update all the config files and it will typically get confused with that. Also the EPN is probably using jq.
At the level of the framework I presume taht you are safe.

There is probably a solution though. A task can have a specific taskname that differs from the ID:

"taskName": "MyTaskName",           "": ["Name of the task, used e.g. in the QCDB. If empty, the ID is used.",
                                                "Less than 14 character names are preferred."],

You could probably use that and have different IDs for the task and the PP.

Doc: QualityControl/Advanced.md at master · AliceO2Group/QualityControl · GitHub

Hi Barth,

thanks, the “taskName” option seems to be the good way to go. I am not yet 100% we will finally opt for sharing the folder between task and PP, but in case we will do it as you suggest.

Cheers, Andrea