Alibuild O2 failing at Ppconsul

log.txt (30.0 KB)

Dear all,

My O2 build via alibuild fails at Ppconsul package (see log file for details).

At first I thought it could come from recent boost upgrade since I have seen several threads related to that. So I let alibuild pick the alice one but the result is the same.

I recently updated everything:
Mac OS 10.15.4
XCode 11.4

Has anyone reproduced this issue ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

can you try xcode-select --install again? That issue is typical of when you have a partial installation of a new XCode.

Well, it seems the problem is coming from curl from the system which brings an include path from 10.14 SDK (instead of 10.15 SDK).

I was able to compile Ppconsul by installing curl from brew and then :

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/local/opt/curl/lib/pkgconfig" && aliBuild --defaults o2 build Ppconsul

but I’m not so sure that’s the solution we want.

[ cmake ]~/alice/cmake/sw/BUILD/Ppconsul-latest/Ppconsul$ grep 10.14 CMakeCache.txt
CURL_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk/usr/include
FIND_PACKAGE_MESSAGE_DETAILS_CURL:INTERNAL=[/usr/lib/libcurl.dylib][/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk/usr/include][c ][v7.54.0()]
PC_CURL_CFLAGS:INTERNAL=-I/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk/usr/include
PC_CURL_INCLUDEDIR:INTERNAL=/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk/usr/include
PC_CURL_INCLUDE_DIRS:INTERNAL=/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk/usr/include
PC_CURL_PREFIX:INTERNAL=/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk/usr
PC_CURL_STATIC_CFLAGS:INTERNAL=-I/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk/usr/include
PC_CURL_STATIC_INCLUDE_DIRS:INTERNAL=/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk/usr/include

Another solution could be to remove the /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk directory completely. I assume this won’t hurt anything unless you’d want to build stuff targeted at Mojave ?

I’ve just did it, removed curl from brew, and Ppconsul is compiling just fine, now waiting for the rest of the stack to compile

I have installed curl and exported the path as suggested. Ppconsul is now built without any problem and the build continues normally so far.

Thanks !