Detector Specific Categories

Hello there,

During a MFT meeting, it has been suggested the use of the ALICE Talk forum to have O2-MFT-related discussions instead of setting up a new mailing list.

I’d like to ask if it is OK to create categories to specific detector detectors? We would like to have one for MFT.

Cheers,
Rafael

Hi,
I don’t see a problem with that request. We could create a subcategory of O2.
Do you want me to give it a try ?
Cheers,
barth

Hi,
You mean O2 -> MFT? How about Detectors -> MFT?
Cheers

That is good as well. But it means that any discussion about MFT, including non-O2, will happen there. I like it. I am preparing the category and subcategory.

1 Like

Thanks, Barth. I understood that Alice-talk was focused on O2, since we can see the O2 logo on the header. If broader discussions are expected, perhaps at some point, the logo should be changed to the ALICE logo.

By the way, if you give me permission/ownership, I’d like to change the default “About the MFT category” post, to welcome the MFT collaborators, including minimal instructions on how to follow the category.

Best,
Rafael

Hi Rafael,
Very valid point. I will change the logo if @dberzano agrees. It is called “alice-talk” and I don’t think that it is limited to O2.
I am giving you more rights on your category.
Best regards,
Barth

It seems that the simplest is for you to create a post in https://alice-talk.web.cern.ch/c/detectors/mft and then i will pin it if you can’t do it yourself.
Let me know.
Cheers

Perfect. All set.
Thanks.

I tried to simulate an expected use case, were people share root Macros. Discourse prevented to upload the file:

Sorry, the file you are trying to upload is not authorized (authorized extensions: jpg, jpeg, png, gif).

How about lifting file extensions restrictions? Otherwise potential users may stick to using mailing lists to share information that should be searchable here.

Rafael

Hi,
Ok I will look into it.
Cheers,
Barth

I have added the following extensions: root, c, C, cpp, cxx.

Hi Barth,

how about adding pdf files as well?

Cheers

Sure, done !

Thanks.