Disable bookkeeping in FLP test benches

Dear all,
I’ve updated the local test bench to the latest FLP suite and I’m launching some runs.
However, the info logger is flooded with messages:

Error while executing migrations: SequelizeDatabaseError: (conn=21, no: 1054, SQLState: 42S22) Unknown column 'detectors' in 'runs' sql: ALTER TABLE `runs` CHANGE `detectors` `detectors` VARCHAR(255); - parameters:[]

I think to understand that this is due to the ali-bookkeeping. I’m not sure if I have a local bookkeeping or it is trying to write on the Alice one (and it fails since I don’t have the permission to access it), but I guess that I can safely remove it.

Is there a way to disable the bookkeeping on FLPs outside CERN?
Thanks in advance,
best regards,
Diego

Hi Diego,

Calling @graduta.

Cheers,
Barth

Hi @dstocco ,

Could you please provide the FLP version that it was on the system before, and the current version that you have installed?

FLP setup comes with its own version of the bookkeeping. The error message you are seeing is due to differences in the database compared to what bookkeeping server expects. Usually this happens if an FLP version is skipped when deploying. For example jumping from 0.38 to 0.42. Thus, I would need the versions (previous and current) to attempt to replicate your issue and provide a fix.

If you would like to skip Bookkeeping deployment entirely you can use the --skip-modules=bookeeping flag when deploying via the o2-flp-setup command.

For now, if you would like to stop bookkeeping from running on your system you can use the following command: systemctl stop o2-bkp

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with. We can always hop on a zoom call to discuss in more details

Have a nice day,
George

Hi @graduta ,
it was a huge leap indeed. I think to remember that the initial version was 0.37.0, and I upgraded directly to 0.61.0.
I will stop the bookkeeping as you suggested in the meanwhile.
Thanks a lot!
Cheers,
Diego