Issue with running o2-sim-digitizer-workflow

I recently rebuilt O2 on both a machine that is running centos 7 and my mac. Then I tried to create simulated digits, I have been having issues with this. When I use “o2-sim-digitizer-workflow” it fails

The error I get:

“[WARN] We support at most 1 dimensional arrays in ConfigurableParams: float pidCuts [INFO] TPC: GEM setup from existing cache
Warning in TClass::Init: no dictionary for class o2::base::CachingTF1 is available
Error in TBufferFile::ReadClassBuffer: Could not find the StreamerInfo for version 10 of the class ROOT::v5::TFormula, object skipped at offset 157
Error in TBufferFile::CheckByteCount: object of class ROOT::v5::TFormula read too few bytes: 2 instead of 533
Error in TBufferFile::ReadClassBuffer: Could not find the StreamerInfo for version 9 of the class TAttLine, object skipped at offset 694
Error in TBufferFile::CheckByteCount: object of class TAttLine read too few bytes: 2 instead of 800014
Error in TBufferFile::ReadClassBuffer: Could not find the StreamerInfo for version 9 of the class TAttFill, object skipped at offset 800712
Error in TBufferFile::CheckByteCount: object of class TAttFill read too few bytes: 2 instead of 800014
Error in TBufferFile::ReadClassBuffer: Could not find the StreamerInfo for version 9 of the class TAttMarker, object skipped at offset 1600730 Error in TBufferFile::CheckByteCount: object of class TAttMarker read too few bytes: 2 instead of 800006
Error in TExMap::Remove: key 77156321 not found at 145 Warning in TBufferFile::CheckObject: reference to object of unavailable class TH1, offset=77156321 pointer will be 0
Error in TBufferFile::CheckByteCount: object of class ROOT::v5::TF1Data read too few bytes: 2400625 instead of 3200595
[ERROR] error while setting up workflow: vector [INFO] Process 81058 is exiting.”

This is the error I get on both machines, I don’t know whats wrong.

When using the o2-sim -n command, this is done successfully but it has these following warnings:

[INFO] EVENT FINISHED : 10
[INFO] Merger process 99211 returned
[INFO] Simulation process took 66.2523 s
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TArchiveFile already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TArchiveMember already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TBufferFile already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TBufferText already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TBufferIO already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TBufferJSON already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TDirectoryFile already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TFileCacheRead already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TFileMerger already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TFree already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TFileCacheWrite already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TFilePrefetch already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TFile already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TFPBlock already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TKey already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TKeyMapFile already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TLockFile already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TMemFile already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TMapFile already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TStreamerInfo already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TZIPFile already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TZIPMember already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class ROOT::Internal::RRawFile already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class ROOT::Experimental::TBufferMerger already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class ROOT::Experimental::TBufferMergerFile already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TGenCollectionProxy already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TGenCollectionProxy::Value already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TGenCollectionProxy::Method already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TCollectionProxyFactory already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TCollectionStreamer already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TCollectionClassStreamer already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TCollectionMemberStreamer already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TEmulatedCollectionProxy already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TEmulatedMapProxy already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TMapRec already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TVirtualArray already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TStreamerInfoActions::TConfiguration already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TStreamerInfoActions::TConfiguredAction already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TStreamerInfoActions::TActionSequence already in TClassTable
Warning in TClassTable::Add: class TVirtualObject already in TClassTable
warning: no such sysroot directory: ‘/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.15.sdk’
[INFO] SIMULATION RETURNED SUCCESFULLY

Could it be that there is a hidden ROOT v5 installation on the system that interferes here?

No, I don’t have a previous installation of ROOT in my systems.

Please report all the steps that lead to the error, including the build phase and how you enter into the runtime environment. Please also include a full dump of the environment via “export > envdump”.

About three weeks ago I got this problem running digitizer:

Warning in <TClass::Init>: no dictionary for class o2::base::CachingTF1 is available
Error in <TBufferFile::ReadClassBuffer>: Could not find the StreamerInfo for version 10 of the class ROOT::v5::TFormula, object skipped at offset 157
Error in <TBufferFile::CheckByteCount>: object of class ROOT::v5::TFormula read too few bytes: 2 instead of 533
Error in <TBufferFile::ReadClassBuffer>: Could not find the StreamerInfo for version 9 of the class TAttLine, object skipped at offset 694
Error in <TBufferFile::CheckByteCount>: object of class TAttLine read too few bytes: 2 instead of 800014
Error in <TBufferFile::ReadClassBuffer>: Could not find the StreamerInfo for version 9 of the class TAttFill, object skipped at offset 800712
Error in <TBufferFile::CheckByteCount>: object of class TAttFill read too few bytes: 2 instead of 800014
Error in <TBufferFile::ReadClassBuffer>: Could not find the StreamerInfo for version 9 of the class TAttMarker, object skipped at offset 1600730
Error in <TBufferFile::CheckByteCount>: object of class TAttMarker read too few bytes: 2 instead of 800006
Error in <TExMap::Remove>: key 77156321 not found at 145
Warning in <TBufferFile::CheckObject>: reference to object of unavailable class TH1, offset=77156321 pointer will be 0
Error in <TBufferFile::CheckByteCount>: object of class ROOT::v5::TF1Data read too few bytes: 2400625 instead of 3200595

I am not which, but one of the following solved this problem:

1. Run the simulation again with latest O2
  2. update alidist and rebuild everything