O2 build error: LLVMAlt missing for package arrow

Dear experts,

I’m trying to build O2 on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. I followed all steps on the tutorial. Some packages caused problems, but I have been able to solve them so far (e.g. manually setting python version used).
Now the construction of the package arrow fails and I get nowhere. In the log (which I have attached) it says that the package LLVMAlt is missing. But I can’t find any information about the error and the package in general. Quoting log lines 112-124:

CMake Error at cmake_modules/FindLLVMAlt.cmake:27 (find_package):
find_package called with invalid argument "10.0.0-4ubuntu1"
Call Stack (most recent call first):
src/gandiva/CMakeLists.txt:28 (find_package)

CMake Error at /home/tim/alice/sw/ubuntu2004_x86-64/CMake/v3.17.0-1/share/cmake-3.17/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:164 (message):
Could NOT find LLVMAlt (missing: LLVM_PACKAGE_VERSION LLVM_FOUND LLVM_LINK_EXECUTABLE)

/home/tim/alice/sw/ubuntu2004_x86-64/CMake/v3.17.0-1/share/cmake-3.17/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:445 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE) cmake_modules/FindLLVMAlt.cmake:71 (find_package_handle_standard_args) src/gandiva/CMakeLists.txt:28 (find_package)

Do you have any idea?

Cheers,
Tim

log.txt (8.0 KB)

Dear all

I am getting the same error today in macOS 10.15.7 …
Is there a known solution to this?

Note: last time I compile all O2, at the end of August, I did not have this problem …
any help is welcomed :slight_smile:

have a nice day
guillermo
The relevant part of the log read
CMake Error at /Users/jgcn/alice/sw/osx_x86-64/CMake/v3.19.2-2/share/cmake-3.19/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:218 (message):
Could NOT find LLVMAlt (missing: LLVM_PACKAGE_VERSION LLVM_FOUND
LLVM_LINK_EXECUTABLE)
/Users/jgcn/alice/sw/osx_x86-64/CMake/v3.19.2-2/share/cmake-3.19/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:582 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
cmake_modules/FindLLVMAlt.cmake:68 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
src/gandiva/CMakeLists.txt:28 (find_package)