O2-tpc-reco-workflow: could not bind to any (TCP) port in the given range after 1000 attempts

@richterm @eulisse, perhaps you can help.
I get the following error on our tpc pre-commissioning system:

[4435:tpc-digit-reader]: [22:26:01][ERROR] Failed binding socket tpc-digit-reader.from_tpc-digit-reader_to_tpc-clusterer[0].push, reason: Function not implemented
[4435:tpc-digit-reader]: [22:26:01][ERROR] Failed binding socket tpc-digit-reader.from_tpc-digit-reader_to_tpc-clusterer[0].push, reason: Invalid argument
[4435:tpc-digit-reader]: [22:26:01][ERROR] could not bind to any (TCP) port in the given range after 1000 attempts
[4435:tpc-digit-reader]: [22:26:01][ERROR] failed to attach channel from_tpc-digit-reader_to_tpc-clusterer[0] (bind)
[4435:tpc-digit-reader]: [22:26:01][ERROR] 1 of the binding channels could not initialize. Initial configuration incomplete.

Full log is here:
https://cernbox.cern.ch/index.php/s/pVRMVtBZATGkNM2

Before, I could run it on some of the machines, but not on others, now it does not work on any. I also tried the -p option with different settings without luck.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Jens

Hi Jens,
The fact that you have been able to run on some machines and on others not might indicate that the ports are not available. Not sure if there can be stale stuff connected to IPC.

Thinking …

Cheers, Matthias