QC build failed at building O2@nightly-20211216

Dear Experts,

I have problem with building QC on FLP machine. For building I run

aliBuild build O2Suite --defaults o2 .

It gets stuck at ==> Building O2@nightly-20211216. The cernbox url to complete log is here . Presumably the first problematic line is:
FAILED: stage/tests/o2-test-mch-geometry-creator
Thank you in advance…

Cheers,
Marek

Hi,

A few questions, because some things are not clear to me.

Are you building on a machine installed with the FLP Suite ?
or do you say it is an FLP machine because it is physically a machine aimed at being an FLP ?
is it at P2 ?
Which instructions are you following ?

Cheers,
Barth

Hi Barth,

it is FLP in trigger lab (not at P2) - cru-server2 . I guess it is physically FLP machine.
For installation I follow the instructions from QualityControl/QuickStart.md at master · AliceO2Group/QualityControl · GitHub

Cheers,
Marek

Hi,

Ok thus it is a development setup. Nothing specific to an FLP.

Could you check that you did sudo yum install -y glfw-devel --enablerepo=epel ? it seems that you are lacking some opengl libraries.

Cheers
Barth

Hi Barth,

I do not have admin rights, I have asked administrator and let you know if it helps.

Cheers,
Marek

Hi Barth,

I am sorry, it did not help. The newest log is here . I guess it is the same error. Any other idea?

Cheers,
Marek

Hello Marek, could you please do:

rpm -q o2-ROOT

and post the result?

And another thing to try:

find /home/marek/alice/sw/slc8_x86-64/ -name *libGLEW*

Hi Roberto,

rpm -q o2-ROOT
gives
o2-ROOT-v6_24_06-8.slc8.x86_64

and
find /home/marek/alice/sw/slc8_x86-64/ -name *libGLEW*
gives nothing…

Cheers,
Marek

OK. What about:

find /opt/ -name *libGLEW*

find /opt/ -name *libGLEW*
gives
find: '/opt/puppetlabs/puppet/cache': Permission denied
find: '/opt/puppetlabs/pxp-agent/spool': Permission denied
find: '/opt/puppetlabs/pxp-agent/tasks-cache': Permission denied
/opt/o2/lib/libGLEW.so
find: '/opt/rh/gcc-toolset-10/root/root': Permission denied

OK, so what I can see is that the SW in your work area /home/marek/alice/sw/slc8_x86-64/ needs libGLEW which is installed on your machine but not in your work area (and aliBuild does not see the system-wide library which is in /opt/o2/lib). This library is provided for example by the o2-ROOT RPM (but it could also come from other sources, for example by the RPM mentioned by Barth).

From a naïve point of view (I am not a O2 expert) I see two possible solutions:

1. Use in aliBuild the libGLEW which is installed in /opt/o2/lib
  2. Add libGLEW to your work area.

Probably the second option is preferable (for coherency between what you build and your work area).

Hi Roberto,

I am very sorry for my ignorance, I have tried to add /opt/o2/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but the build failed. Do you know about better (proper) way how to proceed with second proposal? Or how to add library to aliBuild command? Thank you very much for your help!

Cheers,
Marek

You need an O2 expert, I cannot help much. Sorry…

Take care,
Roberto

Are you 100% sure you followed the complete instructions to install O2 ?

As the instructions are working for everyone I don’t think that they are at fault. Please make sure to follow every step, in particular: Prerequisites for CentOS 8 · ALICE Analysis Tutorial

Yes, for prerequisites upgrade I don’t have root privileges. I am going to ask admin.

Cheers,
Marek

Just to let you know I have successfully built O2. Now the QC is being built. The problem was cured by running (one of the prerequisites)

yum install -y alice-o2-full-deps alibuild

with root privileges. Thank you, Roberto, and thank you, Barth, for helping me!
Cheers,
Marek

1 Like