ROOT5 on ubuntu 20.04

Hello,

Did anybody manage to build ROOT on Ubuntu 20.04. Trying to aliBuild build AliRoot I fail on building of ROOT (v5-34-30-alice10) with plenty of messages like:

/home/shahoian/aliroot/sw/BUILD/fa91791f9d3136ca3e0af97cb6d8b6ebc7600c3f/ROOT/cint/ROOT/G__cpp_map.cxx:6589:148: error: 'std::map<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char>, int, std::less<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char> >, std::allocator<std::pair<const std::__cxx11::basic_string<char>, int> > >::iterator' {aka 'struct std:
:_Rb_tree_iterator<std::pair<const std::__cxx11::basic_string<char>, int> >'} has no member named 'operator!='; did you mean 'operator='?
 6589 |       G__letint(result7, 103, (long) ((map<string,int,less<string>,allocator<pair<const string,int> > >::iterator*) G__getstructoffset())->operator!=(*(map<string,int,less<string>,allocator<pair<const string,int> > >::iterator*) libp->para[0].ref));

The full log is in CERNBox

I see that the dictionary files G_XXX.cxx it generates and fails are exactly the same as in ROOT6 case which builds w/o problem, so should be something related to compilation flags.

Cheers,
Ruben

Hi Ruben,

It seems you got further than me, for me ROOT5 compilation stops at:

[ 17%] Generating stlLoader_set.cc
/home/zampolli/SOFT/alibuild/ali-master/sw/BUILD/fa91791f9d3136ca3e0af97cb6d8b6ebc7600c3f/ROOT/cint/ROOT/G__cpp_multiset.cxx: In function 'int G__multiset_54_0_10(G__value*, const char*, G__param*, int)':
/home/zampolli/SOFT/alibuild/ali-master/sw/BUILD/fa91791f9d3136ca3e0af97cb6d8b6ebc7600c3f/ROOT/cint/ROOT/G__cpp_multiset.cxx:725:123: error: 'std::multiset<int, std::less<int>, std::allocator<int> >::iterator' {aka 'struct std::_Rb_tree_const_iterator<int>'} has no member named 'operator=='; did you mean 'operator='?
  725 |       G__letint(result7, 103, (long) ((multiset<int,less<int>,allocator<int> >::iterator*) G__getstructoffset())->operator==(*(multiset<int,less<int>,allocator<int> >::iterator*) libp->para[0].ref));
      |                                                                                                                           ^~
      |                                                                                                                           operator=

I guess the issue is the same, just different symptom.

Chiara