Touble with running qcRunBasic

Dear qc experts,

I compiled flpproto with option–defaults o2-dataflow.

Now, I am trying qcRunBasic, which gets an error message:

[flpproto/latest] ~ $> qcRunBasic
[INFO] Using config file ‘json:///home/alfred/alice/sw/slc7_x86-64/QualityControl/master-1/etc/basic.json’
[INFO] policyName : its-raw
[INFO] Configuration loaded :
[INFO] >> Task name : QcTask
[INFO] >> Module name : QcSkeleton
[INFO] >> Cycle duration seconds : 10
[INFO] >> Max number cycles : -1
2019-05-20 14:58:18.445455 QC infologger initialized
[INFO] Using port range [21999, 22999]
Error 65543: GLX: Failed to create context: GLXBadFBConfig
qcRunBasic: /builddir/build/BUILD/glfw-3.2.1/src/input.c:493: glfwSetMouseButtonCallback: Assertion `window != ((void *)0)’ failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

Enviroment: ssh connection to FLP(CC7), devtoolset7 enabled, entered the env. via

alienv enter flpproto/latest

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Regards,
Shiming

Hello Shiming,

the problem is that the DPL GUI doesn’t work when connecting via ssh and the DPL driver doesn’t detect that this is the case and it shouldn’t spawn GUI.
You can run it explicitly without GUI by using flag ‘-b’. Please tell us if that helps!

Best regards,
Piotr

Thanks, Piotr,
Yes it worked with -b option.
But still, during commissioning and Run, wouldn’t it be problematic to have hands on access to QC GUI on FLP? considering ssh is the default access to the FLPs?
I also tried with RDP, the issue is the same.
Regards,
Shiming

Hi Shiming,
The DPL GUI is indeed not working via SSH or within a container. This is not in our hands. However, the QC GUI is working as it is a web application. You will get to see your plots :slight_smile:
Cheers,
Barth

Hi Barthelemy,

Thanks for the explanation.
I may need further exploration on how the web application works with QC. Is it possible to open such a web application on FLP, on which address? Is there any documentation describing how to setup this web application?

CHeers,
Shiming

Dear Shiming,
The documentation of the QC is accessible from the QC repository in github.
I think that you can start by reading the quickstart. There are examples and it shows the QC GUI.

There is also an O2 newcomers’ guide here : https://aliceo2group.github.io/quickstart
Cheers,