when running our TPC QC PID task, it does not publish anything anymore, neither with the default settings on the qcg-test webpage, nor when setting up our own local CCDB and QCG. In the latter case, also nothing is created in
/tmp/QC/. When running the basic QC task, it works in both environments as expected, the histograms are published and in the local case also stored.
We are investigating this since a while and found some error messages related to consul, but these are also present when running the basic task, so they seem not to be the issue here (although probably have to be solved as well - as soon as this topic is solved, I will have a closer lock and open another one for that issue).
Looking at the DPL GUI, we see the following difference between the basic task and our own: Both start with the
internal-dpl-clock, then follow the
producer-0 (basic) or
tpc-track-reader (tpc), in both cases the
Dispatcher and then the
QC-TASK-RUNNER. The basic task continues with the
QC-CHECK-RUNNER and the
printer, while our task ends with a
We compared the
tpcQCPID.json file to the
basic.json file and found two differences:
- In the taskParameters,
"nothing": "rien"was changed in the basic.json to
"myOwnKey": "myOwnValue". Although this both sounds just like a placeholder, we changed this, but with no effect.
- In the basic.json, a checker was added. This we have not done, yet. We think, the problem may be here. It has been changed within a larger commit for the Checkers 2.0 from the 16th of December, and since then we did not have our task running, e.g. because of some general issues in O2/QC. After that commit, there was one change to be done in the run executable, but this was changed centrally for the PID task and should be fine.
Some further information:
- We are running on Ubuntu 18.04
- We use a custom installation of O2 and QualityControl (i.e. no docker), and O2, QualityControl and alidist are up-to-date.
- As input we use the output of an O2 TPC simulation, which was working before. We have even re-run the simulation with the most recent version of O2 and QC.
- In the DPL GUI we do see data going through all the steps.
- We added an InfoLogger message in the initialization of the publishing in the
PID.cxxand we get the corresponding messages in the terminal.
Could anybody confirm that the checker (or CheckRunner) now is mandatory to run a QC task? And if so, before we look at each file, what exactly has to be changed in order to get this running? Thanks a lot for any information and help!
Thomas and Stefan