Visualisation issue for the trending on the QCG webpage

Dear QC-Experts,

while using the QC trending framework, we discovered an interesting feature in the QCG webpage.
We wanted to check out some features of the trending framework and to do so, we trended the mean of a TH1 histogram over time. We always accessed the same histogram which does not change over time and as such, the mean over time is constant as expected.

However, when we zoom in around the mean on the y-axis and unzoom afterwards, the value of the full line shifts either upwards or downwards. If we then zoom in and unzoom one or two times more, it happens that the points not only shift but disappear completely. Only when selecting the trending again by double clicking, everything is back in place. Therefore, it seems that this is some kind of visualisation problem.

As an example, you can try this with the trending TPC/MO/TracksTrendingTPC/Eta_StatMean_Trend

Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Marcel and Cindy

Hi @cimordas ,

Thank you for raising the issue!

I am not sure I follow the problem here. In order to replicate the behaviour, it would help us a lot if you could provide some screenshots with the issue you are describing.

I am looking forward to your reply!

Thank you,
George

Hello George,

Here are some screenshots from today on the QCG webpage illustrating this weird behaviour.

This is one of the trending histograms as it appears when we open it.

Here is the same histogram when we zoom around the data. This seems still fine.

After right clicking on the y-axis to unzoom. The data are now negative.

When we zoom again around the data points.

When we unzoom again with a right-click on the y-axis. The data are back to positive and at a higher value than initially. Zooming in and out again makes all data disappear.

And if we reselect the same histogram from the left panel, we find again the initial histogram.

Thanks for the reply,
Cheers,
Cindy

Hi,

Thank you for the quick reply and providing the screenshots!

I will investigate and see what is happening! You will be able to follow the progress on this ticket: https://alice.its.cern.ch/jira/browse/OGUI-846

Have a nice day,
George

Hi @cimordas ,

I confirm I was able to replicate the bug you were encountering.
I updated the JSROOT version in QCG and I am no longer able to replicate the issue.

Would you be able to confirm that the behavior is the expected one now?

Thank you,
George

Hi @graduta,

I tested as well on my side and everything seems to work as it should now.

Thank you and have a nice day,
Cindy

Great, thank you for the confirmation! I will now close the ticket

Have a nice day,
George